Daiichi-Sankyo and AstraZeneca Enhertu4U Support Program
Daiichi-Sankyo and AstraZeneca offer the Enhertu4U support program to provide information and assistance to patients who have been prescribed Enhertu (Table).
Enhertu4U Support Program
Patient Savings Program
Eligible patients may pay as little as $0 per Enhertu prescription, up to $26,000 per calendar year. To qualify, patients must:
- Have a valid prescription for Enhertu
- Be a resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- Have commercial insurance that does not cover the full cost of Enhertu
- Not be covered by state or federal insurance, including Medicare Part B or Part D, Medicaid, Medigap, Veterans Affairs, or TRICARE.
Other restrictions may apply.
Patient Assistance Programs
The Patient Assistance Programs provide Enhertu at no cost to qualifying uninsured, underinsured, or Medicare patients who are having financial difficulty affording their medication. To be eligible, patients must:
- Be residents of the United States
- Have an annual income at or below a certain level
- Not have insurance, private or government (excluding Medicare), that covers Enhertu
- Not be receiving any other assistance to help pay for Enhertu.
If the patient is a Medicare beneficiary, the patient:
- Must not be eligible for or enrolled in Low Income Subsidy for Medicare Part D
- Must have spent at least 3% of their annual household income on prescription medicines in the current year.
If the patient has experienced a life-changing event in the past year, and financial documentation does not accurately reflect the current situation, the patient may still meet the criteria to enroll and is encouraged to apply.
Free Limited Supply Program
The Free Limited Supply Program is available for eligible patients who are experiencing a coverage delay of more than 5 business days.
Assistance may also be available through independent foundations. Although not associated with Daiichi-Sankyo or AstraZeneca, names and links to several foundations are available online.